on Friday - June 10, 2016
Down to Earth Organic & Natural has an opening for a full time Management Trainee at our Kahului location.
Train to become a member of the Down to Earth Natural Foods Store Management Team. On successful completion of the program, depending upon position availability, Management Trainees will be promoted to Assistant Store Manager, Department Manager, Assistant Department Manager, Supervisor, or Relief Manager.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required
- Able to work any schedule, weekends and evenings
- Two years retail experience
- Must be able to safely lift a minimum of 25 pounds on a regular basis
- Potential to be a retail manager as demonstrated by a satisfactory result on the RMAI test.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to the position and the company
- Friendly, courteous manner in dealing with a variety of situations and personalities
- High level of proactivity as evidenced by acceptance of responsibility, not blaming other people, things or circumstances for why they don't achieve their goals.
- A team player, exhibiting the ability to work well with others and resolve any situations of conflict.
- A management orientation i.e. looking at situations from the company's view.
- Good organizational skills as well as an ability to motivate and communicate effectively with team members
- Ability to read, write, and speak English well
- Experienced with word processing software (Word) and spreadsheets (Excel)
Down to Earth offers a friendly, team-oriented work environment with great benefits including vacation, paid holidays, company-paid medical insurance, bonuses, a store discount, access to free nutritional supplements in our Wellness Dept, 401k and more. Some restrictions apply.
How to Apply
Submit an electronic application at: https://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment/apply.
It is not necessary to follow up on application submission. We will call applicants whose experience and background matches with job requirements. *Applications are required for hiring. The fastest way to be considered for a position is to submit an application.*
We look forward to your application!