on Monday - August 1, 2016
Down to Earth Organic & Natural has an opening for a F/T Produce Manager in our Kailua store.
Successfully manage a Down to Earth Produce Department. The Produce Manager is responsible for everything that happens within their department and is fully accountable for all aspects of the Produce Department's performance. Be an effective team leader. Produce Managers are to receive, stock and attractively display produce. As well as supervise and guide department clerks, making sure that everyone is doing their job. In addition to assisting customers quickly, accurately and in a pleasant manner, while offering exceptional customer service.
- Exhibits high standards of ethics, honesty, trust, accountability & respect at all times.
- Able to be friendly and helpful in dealing with customers and with a variety of situations and personalities.
- Able to read, write, and speak English well.
- Able to work well with others as a member of a team.
- Able to follow directions with a good attitude.
- Able to regularly safely lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Good listening skills.
- Know the team that you are supervising and their level (some need more direction than others).
- Good communication (know what kind of personality people have and how you should speak to them).
Starting Pay Range
Commensurate with experience and education. Clerk 3: $13 - $16 per hour.
Flexible availability desired, with ability to work nights and weekends; please make sure to state your availability and not your desired schedule on your application
Down to Earth offers a friendly, team-oriented work environment with great benefits including vacation, paid holidays, company-paid medical insurance, bonuses, a store discount, a stretching program, free access to nutritional supplements, 401k and more. Sick leave and paid time off (PTO) is available for Clerk 3 positions. Some restrictions apply.
How to Apply
Submit an electronic application at: https://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment/apply.
It is not necessary to follow up on application submission. We will call applicants whose experience and background matches with job requirements. *Applications are required for hiring. The fastest way to be considered for a position is to submit an application.*
Down to Earth stores are also located in Honolulu, Pearlridge, Kapolei, and Kahului. Please see our employment page for job opportunities at these other locations.